From the XI century to 1711
The history of the Villa Medicea di Lilliano begins around the XI century, as a look-out tower, but was more precisely observed as beginning in the XV century. During this period the Villa belonged to the Giannelli family under the emblem of Ferza and afterwards in 1480 became the property of the Guiducci and then finally the Capponi family. In 1646 the Villa was purchased from the Grand Duke Ferdinando II de’ Medici, thus becoming a part of the Villa Reale di Lapeggi (the Royal Villa of Lappeggi) named the “Ristretto della Fattoria di Lappeggi”. The Villa of Lilliano, at the time named “Il Palazzo della Fattoria”, was initially used as a simple farmhouse for the neighboring Villa of Lappeggi.